The Pangea Protégé program is a one-year, ministry immersion experience designed for those who want to develop the character (theology & formation), relational skills, and leadership qualities that will allow them to live out their unique part in co-creating the world with God.
[PAGE AND PROGRAM UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
Who is a fit for PROTÉGÉ?:
- Anyone under age 35 who has a passion for the local church and God's Kingdom work throughout the world.
- It is a great fit for those discerning vocational callings in the context of ministry, but also for ANYONE who wants to live as a Kingdom centered leader who is vitally connected to the church.
- Those interested in, or actively pursuing Seminary education. We will offer the immersive ministry context to apply what you are learning in school, while also inviting you to learn with us as we also read, learn, and grow. This program is a perfect complement to the Seminary journey.
- Those who do not have theological/ministry training in their educational background but desire to be active leaders in the context of the local church.
- Those taking a gap year to discern how their unique identity in Christ comes together with their unique calling, gifts, and passions.
- Anyone at Pangea, usually under 35, who loves our church and want to grow as transformed disciples of Jesus in an intentional learning environment.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A PROTÉGÉ:
- A 12-15 hour per week internship (About 4-5 hours per week will be devoted to reading, 4-5 hours to programs, and 4-5 hours to meetings and planning) responsibilities commitment.
- Weekly team meetings with the Lead Pastor (and/or other staff) at Monday Night Leadership Equipping Experiences (built into our Staff Meetings).
- Weekly reading assignments from the Bible and selected books and articles (sometimes audio), processed with the Lead Pastor or another Staff member
- Bi-monthly (twice a month) meetings, one-on-one or in smaller groups, with a Pangea mentor (usually from our 30-somethings+ Vision Team).
- Weekly involvement in serving and leading within an assigned ministry context.
- Active involvement in Sunday worship gatherings and Villages as a priority in one’s schedule.
- Involvement in church-wide ministry activities (Sabbath Retreats, Pangea Connect, etc.).
- Protégé retreat.
Application Expectations for Protégé:
- Applicants are expected to be active followers of Jesus, baptized, and committed to God's Kingdom.
- Applicants affirm the essence of our vision and values (we do not require theological conformity but we do expect theological compatibility).
- Applicants are expected to be active in the life of Pangea upon their application. For those moving to Seattle in the Fall, we invite you to get acclimated to our city and become active in our church before applying. The following cycle of Protégé will be a better fit for such persons.
- Applicants commit for the full school year, September - July.
- Applicants understand that this is an unpaid internship which pays formational dividends for the bigger picture. However, on a case-by-case basis we are open to applicants coming up with a fundraising plan for a housing stipend.
- Applicants build their other schedules around the day-to-day requirements of Protégé. This includes other employment and schooling (which we are fully supportive of, but we also need Protégés to be present for this to be a meaningful experience).
- Applicants will be able to commit to the expectations in the Protégé Handbook, Shared Commitments, and Learning Calendar.
- Applicants will be ready to have fun, be stretched, embrace flexibility, and to trust in the transformational process of leadership formation in the way of Jesus!
Forms and Deadlines:
In order to be considered for Protégé, one needs to prayerfully process and fill out the relevant paperwork. The final deadline for applying to our program is Friday August 19th 2016. We officially begin Thursday Sept 1st.
Return all documents, as pdfs, to Kurt Willems.